My Top 10 Favorite iPhone apps.
When the Iphone came out, I wanted it.
Big Daddy was all cheap. My contract wasn’t up. Apple’s warranty on the phone wasn’t very favorable. The phone was expensive. Etc, etc, etc. He was right, but that didn’t stop me from wanting one.
This past winter, I must have nagged enough because Big Daddy caved and bought me an iPhone! It was like the heavens opened up and a chorus of angels started singing Hallelujah. Seriously, I love that phone THAT much.
The running joke about me and cell phones was that I never had it on me and when I did, it was probably uncharged, but that’s not so anymore. My phone is nearly always charged and nearly always on me because I use it THAT much.
Browsing the app store can be overwhelming and you don’t want to download too many pricey apps. To save you some time and searching here are 10 of my favorites.
1.Facebook-quite literally my most used app hands down and period (free)
2.Pandora-I use this little gem almost daily. Don’t want to spend .99 and up to get new music on your phone? Pandora is free! Of course, what gets played is the luck of the draw, but it’s a great app. One of my favorite things about it is that it shows your thumbs up/thumbs down history so you can find (and buy through iTunes, if you want) that song you liked.(free)
3.Public Radio-Yes, it streams NPR from all across the country and yes, that probably makes me a nerd. It does offer some “on demand” content as well (basically, the NPR programs you can download as podcasts). Since our big move, I’ve made it a point to listen to WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio) because it’s THAT good. I stream this one in the car along with Pandora.(free)
4. Mobile RSS-It loads your blog reader feeds so you have them ALL on your phone. I read blogs from my phone a lot and the reader makes it really easy. (free)
5. Bejeweled 2-I am not getting into my bejewled “problem”(2.99)
6.Angry Birds-So, you fling birds using a slingshot to kill these funny green pigs. It sounds weird, but it’s a lot of fun and a great deal. (.99)
7. Home Routine-I did a lot of looking to find a app that I liked that would keep my chores to-do list. I spent some money on a few apps and tried a few free ones before I settled onto this one. It’s easy to use and straightforward. It also incorporates weekly “zone” cleaning list that you can edit and use as well. It has a built in timer too(4.99)’
8.Coin Frenzy-You know these machines at arcades and Chuck E Cheese where you drop a quarter/token into the slot and it falls down and pushes the other coins towards the end? Yeah. I haven’t had to pay any money to load more coins, though that IS an option. (free)
9. Tapatalk-Now, this only works if the internet forum you post at has a plug-in installed. Luckily, my favorite one does and it’s the easiest way to access the forum on my phone period. Easy to navigate and read.(2.99)
10. Crosswords-okay, it’s pricey, but if you love crosswords, you can have nearly a dozen (including one in French) delivered to your phone every day. I find solving crossword puzzles very zen. They do have a free lite version without about a dozen preloaded puzzles, so you can try before you buy.(9.99)
What are your favorite apps? Which ones make your life more productive or just more fun?