2011 In Review-My Favorite Books
My goal for last year was to read 52 books. I fell short at 48, but that’s still double my 2010 totals. I’m setting my goal at 52 again this year.
I’ve done a review post about the books I read in 2010 (and I’d thought I’d done one for other years, but no. I did not) and wanted to do another this year.
This year I gave up on the Sookie Stackhouse series and the Stephanie Plum series. I know plenty of people like them, but I’m over them.
I read Anna Karenina this year. I hated her and actually wasn’t sorry about the end she met.
I re-read the entire Harry Potter series this year and finished the Fablehaven series by Branden Mull. While the later books in Mull’s series weren’t as good as the earlier ones, they’re still a good read and I’d recommend them to people searching for a series to read after Harry Potter.
My top books this year were pretty varied. Here are my favorites, in a kind of particular order.
5) The Passage by Justin Cronin. Part of a series and I cannot wait for book two.
4) Bossypants by Tina Fey. She is seriously funny. And, I’m also a bossypants, so I could relate.
3) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I stayed up until all hours geeking out over this wonderful, hopeful, dystopian book.
2) Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim I grew up on Little House on the Prairie and I LOVED this book from the actress who played Nellie Olsen. As an aside, I HATED Melissa Sue Anderson’s similar memoir. Yuck.
1) The Hunger Games Triology by Suzanne Collins. Yes, I know it’s a cop out to list all three books as my
Favorite, but I think a top five dominated by all
Three books would have been boring. I LOVED this series and cannot wait for the movie to come out this spring.
What were your favorite reads of the year? Share. I love finding new books.