More on our continuing search for summer fun. For more funner ideas, check out last week’s list for more ideas, activities and links.
1) We were back at the lake for more swimming on a hot day
2) We were back at the library, this time for story time.
Again, PLEASE check your local library if you’re looking for inexpensive, family friendly summer entertainment.
3)We were mad scientists in our kitchen
You can find a bunch of experiments and fun science related projects at this link that you can do at home with minimal supplies.
4) We played at the indoor playground
5)We bought, and played with, a new game. This one is called Flipping Frogs and it cost Five Whole Dollars at Five Below (I’m not getting a kick back from Five Below, but as far as “dollar” stores go, they’re pretty cool and have a big variety of games, puzzles and craft kits for five dollars and less which means you can have more fun for less money and i love that)
Have you signed up your kids yet www.kidsbowlfree.com ?
7) We went to the movies and saw Brave!
My review? The Princess and I thought it was awesome. It was a little too dark for Littlebit (not much, just a little) and Baby Bee couldn’t care less about it.
8) We took a road trip. Our favorite way to travel. We love packing up the car and hitting the open road.
9) We looked for ways to stay cool. Baby Bee got inventive and built her block towers on the window sill in front of the fan.
10) We had a birthday and it made our hearts full.
What are you doing this summer? Anything you really loved? Anything that didn’t work out? We tried to make bouncing polymer balls and they were a total flop.