Apparently it’s St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow?
No, I know that it’s St Patrick’s day tomorrow. Admittedly, we aren’t into St. Patrick’s day very much. We’re not really Irish. I don’t like being packed into a bar with a thousand of my not so closest friends.
But, one thing we all get behind is a good corned beef. Honestly, I can’t buy a corned beef big enough for us. We never have left overs. Even Baby Bee stuffs herself full when corned beef is on the menu.
Corned Beef really isn’t hard to make, but this is another thing that the Instant Pot does AMAZINGLY well with little effort.
And, if you’re someplace where the weather will be warm this March 17th, you don’t have to heat the house up.
- 2-3 lb corned beef and seasoning packet
- 1 can of guiness
- 2.5 lbs of potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 lb of baby carrots
- Place the beef on a trivet. Sprinkle with seasoning pack and dump in the full can of guiness.
- Seal your Instant Pot and set it for high pressure for 90 minutes.
- Once the pot is done, do a quick steam release. Remove the trivet and meat, dump in the potatoes and carrots and place the roast on top.
- Reseal your pot and set it for 5 minutes.
- Quick release, slice and serve
This really is my go-to method of cooking corned beef at this point. It’s very easy, there’s nothing to mind or tend to. It still smells amazing in the house and the meat comes out beyond tender. You probably don’t even have to chew it. Seriously. Remember as well, while cooking time is about 95 minutes, that’s time at pressure. It will take your Instant Pot time to build pressure, so I’d build another thirty to forty five minutes into the cooking time if you need to eat your meal by a certain time.